Baked Spaghetti with Fresh Basil and Smoked MozzarellaFrom lizmari 6 years ago
- 3/4 pound Dry spaghetti shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic more or less to taste, minced or pressed shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes halved and then sliced shopping list
- 1 can (14.5-oz) Fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (regular crushed toms would work too - just adjust seasonings) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 20 fresh basil leaves (or more if you have them) shopping list
- 2 cups smoked mozzarella cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook spaghetti until almost al dente (be careful not to overcook - it will cook more when it bakes; it should still be a little white in the middle when you put it in the oven).
- In a medium skillet, heat oil, add onions, and saute until soft. Add garlic, and cook about a minute more. Add tomatoes, and cook about a minute or two. Add crushed tomatoes, and cook until sauce begins to simmer. Add cream, and cook until sauce begins to simmer. Add oregano, salt, and pepper, and simmer 5 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings - sauce should have a good, full flavor that won't be overwhelmed by the pasta.
- Lightly oil a 9x9 baking dish, and add spaghetti. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Arrange basil leaves so that they cover the top. Sprinkle smoked mozzarella over the basil leaves.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and a little bubbly.
- After you've made this recipe, please rate it on www.bigoven.com! The BigOven ID is: 162994.
People Who Like This Dish 50
The Cooklizmari Fort Collins, CO
The Rating6 people
After reading this recipe you gave me the idea to clean out my fridge and make this wonderful dish. I made it exactly like your recipe says except I added zucchini and I had smoked gouda but no smoked mozzarella. Awesome is all I can say. Thanks f...morechefmeow in Garland loved it
Excellent!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This was delicious! Even though I forgot to add the cream... Thanks for the post! (:shandalulu in West Valley City loved it