Baked Spaghetti with Fresh Basil and Smoked MozzarellaFrom lizmari 6 years ago
- 3/4 pound Dry spaghetti shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic more or less to taste, minced or pressed shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes halved and then sliced shopping list
- 1 can (14.5-oz) Fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (regular crushed toms would work too - just adjust seasonings) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 20 fresh basil leaves (or more if you have them) shopping list
- 2 cups smoked mozzarella cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook spaghetti until almost al dente (be careful not to overcook - it will cook more when it bakes; it should still be a little white in the middle when you put it in the oven).
- In a medium skillet, heat oil, add onions, and saute until soft. Add garlic, and cook about a minute more. Add tomatoes, and cook about a minute or two. Add crushed tomatoes, and cook until sauce begins to simmer. Add cream, and cook until sauce begins to simmer. Add oregano, salt, and pepper, and simmer 5 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings - sauce should have a good, full flavor that won't be overwhelmed by the pasta.
- Lightly oil a 9x9 baking dish, and add spaghetti. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Arrange basil leaves so that they cover the top. Sprinkle smoked mozzarella over the basil leaves.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and a little bubbly.
- After you've made this recipe, please rate it on www.bigoven.com! The BigOven ID is: 162994.
The Cooklizmari Fort Collins, CO
The Rating6 people
After reading this recipe you gave me the idea to clean out my fridge and make this wonderful dish. I made it exactly like your recipe says except I added zucchini and I had smoked gouda but no smoked mozzarella. Awesome is all I can say. Thanks f...morechefmeow in Garland loved it
Excellent!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This was delicious! Even though I forgot to add the cream... Thanks for the post! (:shandalulu in West Valley City loved it