Mussels and Scallops in CreamFrom auntybea 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh mussels shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh scallops shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash mussels in cold water, remove beards and discard any that are not tightly closed.
- In large, heavy saucepan, saute onion in butter until transparent. Add garlic, lemon juice and wine; bring to a boil. Add mussels, cover, reduce heat and steam for 2 to 3 minutes. Shells will open. Add scallops, cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and gradually add cream, stirring until well blended.
- Simmer over medium heat before serving. Ladle into shallow soup bowls. Garnish with parsley and pepper.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!