Colorful Corn Bread SaladFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 9 inch pan recipe yellow or white cornbread shopping list
- 1 large cooked ear of corn on the cob, corn removed shopping list
- 3 to 4 large red ripe plum tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper chopped shopping list
- several Tbs chopped red onion chopped shopping list
- 1 small carrot finely chopped or grated shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts shopping list
- Homemade favorite oil and vinegar or bottled Italian dressing or vinaigrette shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh basil , parsley or cilantro to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cornbread a day ahead of time.
- Crumble desired amount of cornbread into bowl in edible coarse chunks.
- Combine with vegetables than have been medium diced and mix well.
- Add vinaigrette a few tablespoons at a time and mix well.
- Do not make salad too wet or the cornbread will get too soggy.
- Chill about one hour before serving.
- Variation: for a different but also delicious version, mix salad with mayonnaise to bind and add coarse crumbled (turkey ) bacon if desired.
- Serves 6 to 8.