Crunchy Shrimp Roll with Ginger SauceFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 2 cups Japanese rice shopping list
- Sushi vinegar shopping list
- 8 large shrimps, peeled, cleaned, tail-on and pressed by hand to make them straight. shopping list
- salt shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- panko (Japanese bread crumbs) shopping list
- 4 large sheets of nori cut 2/3 size shopping list
- black sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 avocado, cut in 8 strips shopping list
- 1/2 hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 4 long strips (the length of nori) shopping list
- wasabi paste shopping list
- ginger Sauce, recipe follows shopping list
- red pepper flakes, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice – 1 part rice to 2 parts water. This can be done in a rice cooker, steamer, or pot according to package directions. When rice is cooked, spread the rice on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with sushi vinegar. Mix well, but do not break the rice grains. Chill the rice to room temperature.
- Heat a deep fryer or a large pot halfway filled with oil to 360 degrees F.
- Season the shrimps with salt, dust them with flour, and roll them in eggs then in panko. Fry the breaded shrimps to golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the nori on a cutting board, spread sushi rice on the back side (non glossy side), sprinkle black sesame seeds over rice. Place the rice side down on a bamboo mat that has been covered with plastic wrap. Place 2 shrimps, 2 strips of avocado, strip of cucumber and some wasabi on the center. Roll. (Good luck!) Cut the roll in to 8 pieces (this you need better than just good luck!).
- Pour Sesame Ginger sauce on serving plate, then place sushi over the sauce. Sprinkle the sauce with some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Sesame Ginger sauce:
- 2 golf ball-size ginger pieces, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until all solids turn liquid.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
Outstanding recipe, Grizz....you're rocking my house today. I've printed out two recipes of yours already. Thank you.... ;-)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds interesting. I have not tried anything like this so this will be a new lesson for me.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds fabulous!! Gotta give this a try very soon! Thanks........jjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!