Chocolate Orange MuffinsFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 oz baking chocolate, roughly grated or broken up with a hammer (I use the side of my meat tenderizing hammer) shopping list
- 1/3 cup veg oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- The zest and juice of one large orange shopping list
- 1 Tbsp orange flavoring or 1 tsp orange oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Prepare your muffin tin by using cases or greasong the compartments.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Add oil, milk, egg, orange juice and flavoring (or orange oil).
- Stir until ingredients are mixed completely.
- Fill mufffin cases 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- After baking allow the muffins to cool for 5 or 10 minutes, then store them in a covered plastic container for further cooling. This makes the tops soft and gooey.)
- *Note: You may add a few more Tbsps of cocoa powder for an increased chocolate taste. Just add a splash more milk to compensate, but don't make the batter runny.)
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating2 people
These were fabulous!! I made them into mini muffins and cooled them for about 10 min. I needed to add quite a bit more milk than called for, but these are definitely a keeper!!hangininatl in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!