MERCIMEK KOFTESIFrom untoccodizenzero 8 years ago
- 1 cup of red lentils shopping list
- 1 cup of fine bulgur wheat shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup of parsley,finely chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- lettuce leaves to serves shopping list
- lemon wedges to serve shopping list
- Here the italian version of recipe: shopping list
- www.untoccodizenzero.it/2006/09/mercimek-koftesi-polpette... shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the lentils ,put in a pan with 3 cups of water and cook over a medium heat for 10 min.Add the bulgur and continue to cooking for a further 2 min.Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 20 min.The bulgur should absorb any surplus water.
- When cool,add the onion,tomato paste,spices,chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.Mix well to create a smooth paste and chill the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour.
- With wet hands shape the mixture into balls the size of large walnuts and with your finger create a small indentation.Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Serve on a generous bed of lettuce leaves decorated with lemon wedges.To eat, squeeze lemon juice into the indentations and roll up the kofte in a crunchy lettuce leaf.
The Cookuntoccodizenzero TURIN, IT
- Not added to any groups yet!