Raspberry Cream TartFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, divided shopping list
- 2 eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 egg separated shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche shopping list
- 2 cup raspberries shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 whole eggs plus the white of the third egg.
- Beat until smooth
- Add flour and mix at low speed just until combined
- Scrape batter into a 9" tart pan, spreading over bottom and up the sides of pan to create a rim.
- Mix egg yolk with creme fraiche and remaining vanilla.
- Pour over the batter ans spread just to the raised edge.
- Place berries on custard.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and edges of custard are set, about 40 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.