Smoked Salmon EnchiladasFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1cup thin red onion slices shopping list
- ½ cup lime juice shopping list
- ¾ pound boned, skinned smoked salmon shopping list
- ½ cup cream cheese (4oz) shopping list
- 1can green enchilada sauce shopping list
- ½ cup chicken broth shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas (6") shopping list
- ¾ cup chopped green onions (including tops) shopping list
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix red onion slices and lime juice.Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.Mix enchilada sauce and chicken broth and pour 1 cup of the mixture into a shallow 3 quart (9X13 inch) casserole.
- Stack tortillas and put in a microwave safe plastic bag but do not seal. Heat in a microwave oven on full power just until hot, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dip tortillas, 1 at a time, in sauce in casserole and turn over to coat. Stack at 1 end of the casserole. Scatter 1/8 of the trout, cream cheese, and green onions across center of 1 tortilla. Roll to enclose filling and set, seam down, in sauce. Repeat to fill remaining tortillas, pushing unfilled ones to the end of the casserole as you work.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce mixture over and around filled tortillas.
- Bake in a 400 F oven until sauce bubbles, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle jack cheese over enchiladas and bake until melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the red onion slices from the bowl and scatter over the enchiladas. Serve with a wide spatula. Season to taste with lime juice from the bowl.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
These were really great. I will definitely make them again. Thanks for the recipe.lisaannegrif in loved it
This was fantastic. I am just sorry I did not take a photo, ya know sometimes ya just don't want to mess with the camera cause the dish smells so good..well this is one of those. Next time i will. I topped with sour cream and jalepenos and had black ...moremarymaybe in Rowlett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!