Spicy Green Tomato BreadFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded and drained green tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Sift together the first 8 ingredients then set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs.
- Add in the following order the brown sugar, oil and vanilla then mix well after each.
- Stir into sugar mixture then add tomatoes, flour mixture, walnuts and raisins.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and bake for 65 minutes then cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!