Cream Cheese Chicken EnchiladasFrom vowyval 7 years ago
- 1 yellow onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers shopping list
- 6 oz cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 2 Tbl butter shopping list
- 8-10 flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 lg can green enchilada sauce shopping list
- 8 oz grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- Optional: Add 2 chopped jalapenos for more spice. shopping list
How to make it
- Thinly slice onion saute in butter approximately 15 minutes. Add garlic.
- Remove from heat and toss with the chicken and peppers. Gently stir in cubes of cream cheese. Season with salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour a little bit of green enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon about a 1/3 cup of the chicken filling into the tortillas. Sprinkle a little cheese over the filling (do not use all the cheese) and roll up. Place enchiladas into baking dish with the seam side down. Fill entire dish (usually about 8-10 enchiladas)
- Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. You can also refrigerate enchiladas: cook 15 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.