Home Made Tunnel of Fudge CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 1/2 Sticks butter or margarine, softened (14 oz) shopping list
- 1 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 3/4 c powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 c unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 c Chopped walnuts (8 oz.) DO NOT OMIT shopping list
- 1 1/2 tb (to 2 Tbsp.) milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan or 10" angel food tube pan.
- Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- By hand, stir in flour, 3/4 cup cocoa, and nuts; mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 58 to 62 minutes.
- Since this cake has a soft tunnel of fudge, ordinary doneness test cannot be used.
- Accurate oven temperature and baking time are critical.
- Let cake cool upright in pan on a rack for 1 hour; then invert onto serving plate and let cool completely.
- To make glaze, in a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, and milk.
- Mix until well blended.
- Spoon glaze over top of cool cake, allowing some to run down
- Store cake tightly covered.
- Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.
- Note: I baked mine in a heart shaped tube pan!It came out beautiful!
- A really good chocolate cake which could come out to dry if you overbake it.
- Follow instructions explicitly!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Pass Down Recipes312 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Cake OLicious60 members