Blackeye Pea SaladFrom pat2me 5 years ago
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/4 C E.V.O.O. or your favorite olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 C lemon juice shopping list
- 1Tbl chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried marjoram leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- Salad shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can Blackeyed peas, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1 (11 oz) can Niblets corn, drained shopping list
- 4 oz colby-Jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 C celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; mix gently.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors
- Drain salad in a colander after marinating to retain freshness and make transporting easier.
- Serve on chilled, lettuce lined plates for a nice presentation at home.
- 7 - 1 cup servings