Szechuan Orange Ginger ChickenFrom auntybea 5 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, in chunks shopping list
- 1 green pepper, in chunks shopping list
- 1 red pepper, in chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cooking onion, in chunks shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 1 tsp. bottled chili paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sherry or mirin shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp. peanut or sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken, onion and peppers into one inch squares. Using a vegetable peeler, removed the peel from the orange, including the white. Cut rind into thin julienne strips about 1 1/2 inches long; set aside. Squeeze orange and reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- In small bowl combine reserved orange juice, chili paste, sherry or mirin, sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- In wok, heat oil over high heat, add chicken and onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove. Add orange rind, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chili paste mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken and onion to wok and stir until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating4 people
hey bea how did you know i loved this thanks sweetieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thanks aunty, another great post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Super... got my 5. Thanks.berry in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!