Szechuan Orange Ginger ChickenFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, in chunks shopping list
- 1 green pepper, in chunks shopping list
- 1 red pepper, in chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cooking onion, in chunks shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 1 tsp. bottled chili paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sherry or mirin shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp. peanut or sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken, onion and peppers into one inch squares. Using a vegetable peeler, removed the peel from the orange, including the white. Cut rind into thin julienne strips about 1 1/2 inches long; set aside. Squeeze orange and reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- In small bowl combine reserved orange juice, chili paste, sherry or mirin, sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- In wok, heat oil over high heat, add chicken and onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove. Add orange rind, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chili paste mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken and onion to wok and stir until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating4 people
Super... got my 5. Thanks.berry in Winter Park loved it
Thanks aunty, another great post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
hey bea how did you know i loved this thanks sweetieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!