Liver With Bacon And OnionsFrom dariana 9 years ago
How to make it
- If necessary, trim off any tubes or connective tissue from liver. Cut into slices 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick, then cut slices into 1/2 - 3/4 inch dice. Put in a small bowl and cover with milk or wine.
- Slice onions, thick or thin, as preferred.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan, leaving drippings in pan.
- Add onions to pan, salt and pepper lightly and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, 10 - 15 minutes. Remove onions to serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain liver; pat or shake in a strainer to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add butter or olive oil to skillet and raise heat to medium-high. When hot, add liver, salt and pepper lightly and cook, stirring after a minute or two to turn pieces over. Cook for another minute or two, until thickest pieces are just barely pink. Don't overcook!
- Spoon liver over onions, crumble bacon on top and serve immediately.