Fruit Cocktail CakeFrom sheba 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 14 oz can fruit cocktail, undrained (can use crushed pineapple or peaches, chopped) shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream or evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix all the cake ingredients, including the fruit and liquid. Pour into greased 9 x 13 - inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until top springs back when touched lightly in the middle.
- While cake is baking, prepare the topping. In a small pan, bring the sugar, cream and butter to a boil. Simmer about 1 minute, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour the hot topping over the cake after you removed it from the oven.