New England Fish TacoFrom solanaceae 8 years ago
- 2 C flour shopping list
- 1 T baking powder shopping list
- 1 t kosher salt shopping list
- Dash Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 bottle Corona, cold (may use beer of your choice) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds haddock, cut into strips shopping list
- cornstarch, for dredging shopping list
- peanut oil for frying shopping list
- 1 dozen corn tortilla (3 per person) shopping list
- 2 C shredded cabbage or deli style coleslaw mix shopping list
- 1 fresh lime cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 1 recipe for my Fresh salsa shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced shopping list
- yogurt or sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Whisk in the beer until the batter is completely smooth and free of any lumps. Refrigerate for 15 minutes but no more than an hour.
- In a deep frying pan, heat 3" of oil to about 350*.
- Lightly dredge fish strips in cornstarch.
- Working in small batches, dip the fish into batter and immerse into hot oil. When the batter is set, turn the pieces of fish over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the fish on a rack set over a sheet pan.
- Once the fish is cooked it's time to eat. I serve this family style and let everyone make their own with the ingredients provided.
The Cooksolanaceae Manchester, NH
- Not added to any groups yet!