Grilled Lime-Marinated Flank Steak with Chipotle Honey SauceFrom cheric 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs flank steak shopping list
- 1 chipotle chile pepper, canned shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 T chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 canned chipotle peppers, pureed shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tsps peanut oil shopping list
- 2 T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 T brown mustard shopping list
- 10 T lime juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- cilantro, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place the steak in large dish or baking pan. Mix together the chipotle, garlic, cilantro, vegetable oil and lime juice in a bowl and pour over steak. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- For sauce, combine the chipotles, honey, peanut oil, vinegar, mustard, lime juice, garlic and cumin in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, 7 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for about 4 minutes. With a sharp knife, thinly slice the steak across the grain, at a sharp angle.
- Serve the steak on top of a slice of French bread and accompany each serving with several tablespoons of the sauce.
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!