Three Cheese and Tomato QuicheFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1 pie crust (9 inch), blind bake shopping list
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, fresh shredded shopping list
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 dashes nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 ripe tomatoes, medium, sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 8 leaves freshly chopped basil) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375.
- In food processor container, add egg, egg yolk, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Process to mix.
- In oil, saute green onions until wilted; remove. Add tomato slices to skillet and cook over medium heat until skin loosens. Transfer to paper towels and lift off skins. Pat off moisture.
- Brush mustard onto bottom of cooled crust. Add mozzarella in an even layer. Place tomato slices, green onions, oregano and basil over mozzarella. Salt & pepper lightly. Top with swiss. Slowly pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and browned. Cool on rack to lukewarm. Serve at room temperature.
- NOTE: Use a gluten-free pie crust to make this gluten-free.