Cajun Chicken PastaFrom hsfargis 7 years ago
- 12 oz. uncooked linguine shopping list
- 2 lb. chicken breast strips shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (8oz) package fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 green onions (white and light green parts only), sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- Garnish: chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with Cajun seasoning and 1 tsp salt. Melt 1/4 cup butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and saute 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and green onions to skillet, and saute 9 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
- Return chicken to skillet; stir in half-and-half, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add linguine; toss to coat. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
The Cookhsfargis Reidsville, NC
The Rating7 people
Tried this tonight and it was awesome. Thanks for the great post.
Cathycathyp in Temple loved it
5 on this Cajun Chicken Linguine recipe. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
Made this last night, and it was heavenly. After tasting real mushroom cream sauce, it made me want to throw away any Campbell's lurking around! The only thing I thought about for next time is a little less salt for us.sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!