asparagus and red pepper pizzaFrom rcragun 6 years ago
- 1pre-packaged pizza crust (or make your own) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped (into 1-inch lengths) fresh asparagus shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short narrow strips shopping list
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- additional spices to taste: e.g. oregano, basil, garlic salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425° F or according to directions on pizza crust package.
- Steam asparagus and bell pepper with a small amount of water in a saucepan, covered, until crisp-tender. Drain vegetables well. (You can also microwave them for a couple of minutes; it's faster and works just as well.)
- Place crust on baking sheet and spread sauce evenly over it. Layer the vegetables then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand 2 to 3 minutes, then cut into 4 large or 8 small wedges to serve.