Mediterrrean Pork or Lamb ChopsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 4 small pork or lamb chops shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 Tbs capers shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets shopping list
- 2 or 3 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- grated zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a heavy duty dutch oven on medium heat.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a wide bowl.
- Coat chops in seasoned flour and cook in pan until golden brown on each side ( several minutes on each side ) .
- Remove chops from pan. Add garlic and cook and stir to release flavor.
- Then add capers, broth, zest, anchovies and sage leaves.
- Stir and mash anchovies into sauce.
- Place the chops back in the pan and reheat them gently until fully cooked .
- Serve chops with sauce spoon over them.