Chicken and RiceFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 2 tsp. corn oil shopping list
- 4 Skinless, Boneless chicken breast Halves, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 large Red or green bell pepper, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. pickled Jalapeño pepper, minced shopping list
- 2 cups long grain white rice shopping list
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 14-oz. can Low-sodium whole tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non-stick skillet, warm corn oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and sauté until lightly browned, making sure to turn at least once, browning for about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño pepper to the same skillet. Sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in rice and continue to sauté for 1 minute more. Add the broth, water, and tomatoes with liquid, making sure to break up tomatoes a bit with a spoon.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in the sliced green olives if desired, and cover to cook for about 5 minutes more.