eggplant parmesean with spaghetti marinaraFrom lexisone 8 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant slice about 1/4 thick shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tbls garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tbls italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbls parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 c oil for pan frying shopping list
- 1 jar marinara sauce shopping list
- 1/2lb capellini shopping list
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 375
- boil water for pasta noodles
- beat eggs in a container, i usually add 1-2 tbls of water
- season flour and bread crumbs equally with half of the dried spices and salt and pepper
- coat eggplant slices accordingly - flour (shake off excess), dip in egg and coat both sides the coat both sides with the bread crumb mix.
- continue flouring, egg bath, and coating with bread crumbs on both sides.
- heat a small amount of the oil in a pan, enough to saute but not deep fry the eggplant.
- fry the eggplant until each side is a nice golden brown.
- when water is at a rolling boil heavily salt pasta water
- cook capellini til al dente about 3 minutes
- drain noodles and return to pot and toss with a little olive oil and toss with 1/2 a jar of sauce
- begin assembling parmesean as such - you'll want to use about 1/2 a jar of sauce on the eggplant and half for the noodles (if you like it saucy, use more)
- coat bottom of pan with pasta sauce
- add a layer of eggplant
- top slices with more sauce
- top with cheese
- repeat until all eggplant is used and sauce used, with the top layer being cheese
- put casserole in oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly
- warm pasta on stove top
- serve pasta alongside of eggplant and enjoy
The Cooklexisone Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!