Caramel Apple Pork ChopsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 boneless pork loin chops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 medium tart red apples cored and sliced into 1/2 inch wedges shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and cook for 6 minutes turning occasionally until evenly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet then stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes then remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops and keep warm.
- Continue cooking mixture in skillet uncovered until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
I made this again tonight.......just heavenly! Thanks Chefmeow!knwalter in Paulsboro loved it
I made this tonight and it was fantastic! I didn't have any apples, but I did have "Simply Apple" apple juice, so I used that and made a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken it. It turned into this sweet, slightly tangy, spicy, apple-...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
This sounds like a lovely fall recipe.linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!