Tuna Spring Rolls with WasabiFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 chilies shopping list
- 3 oz coriander leaves shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 12 sliced pickled ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (nam plao) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp wasabi powder or prepared wasabi shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 7 oz mayonnaise shopping list
- 12 oz tuna fillet shopping list
- 4 10-inch spring roll skins shopping list
- 4 sheets of nori seaweed shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, blanched for a few seconds to make pliable shopping list
- dark soy sauce and Tabasco sauce for garnish shopping list
- peanut or vegetable oil for pan frying shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop garlic, chilies and coriander leaves, and mix with all remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Slice tuna into four batons and season with salt and black pepper. Wrap each baton with a piece of seaweed. (Dampen seaweed with water to make it pliable, if necessary, trimming edges.)
- Lay each wrapped baton on a romaine leaf
- Top tuna with 3 slices of pickle ginger, then roll up the leaf.
- Place each leaf bundle on a spring roll skin and wrap, tucking in ends.
- Seal with beaten egg.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, pan fry tuna rolls for about 1 minute, or until just golden brown. (Tuna should be rare in the middle.)
- Slice rolls and divide between serving plates.
- Garnish with drops of dark soy sauce, Tabasco sauce and wasabi.
- Serve immediately.