HUNAN STYLE FISHFrom verondear 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. fish filets (red snapper, cod, pollock, etc. - I used pollock) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry or apple cider vinegar or mirin shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. green onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 eggs shopping list
- Italian Style bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water shopping list
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper (or to taste!) shopping list
How to make it
- Make marinade out of soy sauce, sherry (or vinegar), ginger, garlic and green onion.
- Cut fish into about 2 inch pieces and marinate for 30-40 minutes. Remove fish from marinade and save marinade for later sauce.
- Dip fish in beaten egg, then in floured bread crumbs.
- Fry in about an inch of oil until nicely browned.
- Set aside while you make sauce.
- To the reserved marinade add red pepper, broth and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with water.
- Bring to a boil once more.
- Serve sauce hot over fish with noodles or rice.