Warm Greens with Pears Pecans and Goat CheeseFrom gardener61 5 years ago
- SALAD: shopping list
- 6 cups of baby mesclun greens. shopping list
- 3 baby vidalia onions. shopping list
- 1 cup pecans (I have left them whole and chopped them a little-your choice). shopping list
- 2 ripe Anjou pears (can also used canned in a pinch). shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. shopping list
- 6-8 ounces of chevre (goat cheese). shopping list
- DRESSING: shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice. shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette. shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt). shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda sweetener. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry greens and place in a large bowl.
- Wash, trim and slice Vidalia onions and add to greens.
- Add pecans to mixture.
- Rinse core and coarsely chop the pears. Toss with 1 t. lemon juice. Add to greens.
- Crumble the chevre into 1/2 inch chunks and toss with greens mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat the dressing ingredients.
- When warm, pour over salad and toss.
- The greens will wilt and the chevre will begin to soften.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also add other things to it such as...grape tomatoes, celery, endive or artichoke hearts etc.
The Cookgardener61 Woolwich, ME
The Rating2 people
This sounds delicious, I eat alot of salads during the summer months and I love goats cheese so this recipe is definitely a keeper!!debwin in Toronto loved it
oh yum - all my fav ingredients and warm dressing - great - just like our family wilted greens Cannot wait to check it out Thxnuitblanche in Syracuse loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!