Redeye Gravy with Pork Shoulder PicnicFrom smooch 7 years ago
- pork shoulder Half Picnic (2 pounds), sliced into 1/4-inch -thick slices shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups brewed strong coffee shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- Dash salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pork in large skillet according to package directions.
- Remove pork from skillet, reserving pan drippings in skillet; cover pork to keep warm.
- Add onions and bell peppers to drippings in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add flour; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually add coffee and water; stirring until blended. Simmer 6 minutes, or until gravy is thickened, stirring frequently. Add milk, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cook 6 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve gravy spooned over pork slices.