Sicilian Tomato PestoFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup walnuts shopping list
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, red, ripe, peeled, seeded, chopped, drained shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden, 3-4 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan.
- Place the basil leaves, garlic, nuts, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides. Add the cheese and red pepper flakes and pulse a few times to make a thick paste. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 27 calories per tablespoon
- NOTE: Got this off the internet. Was credited to "You Say Tomato" by Joanne Weir.