Congo BarsFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1 stick butter, plus 2 T for greasing pan shopping list
- 2 1/4 c all purupose flour, plus extra for flouring pan shopping list
- 2 t baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 t salt shopping list
- 1 16 oz box light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 12 oz best-quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350, with a rack in center
- Butter adn 9x13 baking pan generously, ten dust with flour.
- Shake out any excess flour
- Sift together flour, baking power and salt, set aside
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until dissolved and misture is smooth.
- Let mixture cool 3 to 4 minutes, the stir in eggs, 1 at a time
- Stir in dry ingredients and finally chocoalte chips
- The chips may start to melt slightly
- Scrape batter into prepared and and smooth the top
- Bake until a tester comes out clean, 20-30 minutes
- Cool to room temperature
- Cut into 32 squares
- Store in airtight container at room temp.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating7 people
yeah Sparrow64 maybe even Half peanutbutter chips half chocolate wow. thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I like this one and it's been a long time since I did them.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Love it...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it