French White Burgundy Chicken and Egg NoodlesFrom momtojillnphil 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 slices good quality bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 3 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk and leafy tops, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, 4 to 5 sprigs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 cups white French Burgundy wine, 1/3 bottle shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions shopping list
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles shopping list
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat with extra-virgin olive oil. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes, remove with slotted spoon.
- Heat a pot of water to boil for egg noodles.
- While bacon crisps, scatter 1/2 cup flour on a shallow dish. Season the chopped chicken with salt and pepper and add to flour. Toss the chicken to coat and shake off the excess as you add it to the hot bacon drippings. Lightly brown the chicken about 3 minutes on each side then remove.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and add the celery, carrots and parsnips as you chop them Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook vegetables 5 to 6 minutes to tenderize them.
- Scoot vegetables off to the sides of the pan forming a well. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the well and melt them whisk in 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk wine into roux, shake pan to combine then stir in stock.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the onions. Simmer the chicken 10 minutes.
- Salt water for egg noodles. Add noodles and cook . Drain noodles and return to hot pot. Add 2 tablespoons butter to noodles and toss to melt. Season noodles with nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste.