Buttered Rum Raisin Rice PuddingFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 6 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark rum shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 4 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepot bring rum , butter and raisins to simmer. Watch pot and do not leave stove or get distracted. If rum ignites, remove from heat and allow to burn out. Set aside and allow raisins to steep.
- Using a heavy bottom pot combine rice, milk, 1 cup half-and-half, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Heat to simmer, but do not boil
- Cover and cook until rice is tender, stirring occasionally
- In mixing bowl whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining cup of half-and-half. slowly add rice mixture a litle at a time whisking constantly so eggs won't scramble.
- Put mixture back inpot and heat slowly until pudding begins to thicken.
- Fold in rum-raisins.
- Be careful at this point and do not boil or stir any more than needed to prevent custard from breaking and becoming dense.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for a cold pudding. Cover with plastic wrap if you refrigerate.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating5 people
Lovely. Served this at a potluck. A true hit!cooper in Plano loved it