Gnocchi For LuckFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 3 large baking potatoes, like russets shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmigiano Reggiano, grated shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- Creamy Lemon Sauce ingredients....... shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 lemons, zested shopping list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Cover potatoes in a large pot with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil until the potatoes are easily pierced with a skewer (30 minutes) do not over cook. Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle. Scrape the skin off the potatoes with a paring knife.
- Press the peeled potato through a ricer.
- Spread the riced potatoes into a thin even layer on a work surface. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together.
- Gather the cold potatoes into a mound and form a well in the center.
- Pour the egg mixture into the well. Knead the potato and egg mixture
- together with both hands, gradually adding the grated cheese and
- enough flour, about 1 1/2 cups, to form a smooth but slightly sticky dough.
- It should take no longer than 3 minutes to work the flour.
- Use a knife or dough scraper to scrape the sticky dough from the work surface back into the dough as you knead.
- Wash and dry hands. Dust the dough, your hands and work surface lightly
- with remaining flour. Cut the dough into 6 pieces and set off to 1 side of
- the work surface. With 1 piece of dough, form a long rope using your hands
- in a back and forth motion.
- Slice the rope into 1/2-inch pieces. Press each piece into the tip of a fork,
- with your thumb roll the gnocchi off the fork. Set on a baking sheet with flour.
- Cook immediately in boiling salted water. They are cooked when they rise to
- the surface, about 1 minute. Toss in Creamy Lemon Sauce and serve.
- Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- Saute the minced garlic in butter on medium heat.
- Add the flour. Cook for 1 minute. Add the cream and lemon zest.
- After the gnocchi are cooked, toss in the sauce then top with Parmesan.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating4 people
sounds great will try it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
The recipe is very much like my grandmother's, but we didn't roll the bits off a fork. We simply rolled them on the floured board. Worked fine. I like your lemon sauce, too.deliathecrone in Johnston loved it
Sounds great!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!