Glazed Orange CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla and orange rind.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to batter alternately with milk ending with flour.
- Spoon into a greased and floured tube pan then bake one hour.
- Cool on a cookie sheet or wire rack for two minutes.
- Heat glaze ingredients in small saucepan until sugar just dissolves.
- Pour hot glaze over hot cake and allow cake to cool thoroughly in tube pan before removing.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!