Pickled OnionsFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 2 medium red onions,halved lengthwise,root end removed,and thinly sliced(about 5 cups) shopping list
- 1/2c frshly squeezed lime juice(from 4 medium limes) shopping list
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice(from 5 medium oranges shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper,halved lenghtwise,seeds removed,and very thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add onions and blanch for about 15 seconds. Drain well in a colander.
- Combine lime juice,orange juice,sugar and salt in medium nonreactive bowl,and stir unti sugar is dissolved. Add blanched red onion slices and jalapeno and stir to coat thouroughly. allow pickled onion to sit,refrigerated for a few hours before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
This would Go really GREAT with some Smoked pork Chops......Oh YEAH
Great Postgrizzlybear in loved it
Be great with pintos and corn bread with a glass of buttermilk, yummy!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love the red onions, this is so good, I let mine rest in the frig for a week before opening the jar.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!