Leahs Ole Chicken QuesadillasFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- Cooking time includes time needed to caramelize onions. shopping list
- 1 onion halved, then sliced thin. shopping list
- 1 cup cooked chicken cut up into bite sizes. shopping list
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup or more of crumbled goat cheese shopping list
- You can easily substitute your favorite cheese here of course. shopping list
- Little olive oil and butter shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa - I used 'Leahs oh so sexy salsa' (posted) which is a very bright tasting salsa filled with fresh sweet bell peppers and lime juice and drained it of its juices slightly. shopping list
- 1 skillet large enough to handle 8-9 inch quesadilla shopping list
How to make it
- Halve and skin good size onion, then slice thin strips.
- Place sliced onions in skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and a little of butter, sprinkle with salt. This will be the most time consuming part of the entire dish.
- You will want to cook the onions slowly on a medium-low heat to allow the natural sugars to come out from the onions, moving them around in the pan every so often - you want to allow them to caramelize and get gently browned and 'soggy' so to speak. Once cooked, take out of skillet and set aside.
- While onions are cooking, start to assemble your quesadillas.
- ***Note You can either keep them in a round shape then fold over to have a half circle, or pile two together like a sandwich and cook them as a circle - either way - you can stuff more in them if they are compiled as a circle.
- Keep in mind to put cheeses on the outside layers, so that the cheeses melt easier.
- For example, I added the ingredients in this order: crumbled goat cheese, then some chicken, cooked onions, then some salsa, added a little salt and pepper, then some strips of the fresh mozzarella then folded the quesadilla over to create a half circle.
- **To Cook them in same skillet: heat back skillet, add a little butter, and place quesadilla in - let brown on one side, then with spatula, carefully flip over and allow to cook on the other side. This took maybe 7 minutes total time, if that.
- **To bake in oven: Placed on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, place quesadilla in preheated oven at 375 and let bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted.
- **To Grill: I would suggest using the 'circled' method of creating your quesadillas, then place them on the upper shelf of your grill. Turn over after 4 minutes - maybe less and allow to cook on the other side.
- Serve up at once with a dollop of sour cream if you wish or added salsa. If making them for appetizers, slice them up with a pizza cutter for that 'easy picker-upper with one hand way' of eating them!
- Enjoy Leah's Ole Chicken Quesadillas!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
Love these!! I always fix quesedillas on the foreman grill! Quick and easy, cook both sides and once. Use a whole tortilla top and bottom, or put filling over half and fold the top over for a smaller one. Can't wait to try!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Yeah baby.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it