Sweet-sour SauceFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned pimiento shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup each white vinegar and water, 1 tablespoon each chopped green pepper and chopped canned pimiento, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water; add to hot mixture.
- Cook and stir till sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Add 1 teaspoon paprika. Serve with shrinp. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating4 people
Been looking for a sweet and sour sauce recipe. I'd love to try this! (^_^)peteygurl in Pensacola loved it
Yummt, this sounds very good!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it