Fried German Brown TroutFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cut off the head
- If a large trout, cut in half
- If large, run a knife along the bone cage and carefully cut bones from flesh.
- Cut both sides, then using point of knife cut the back bone loose from the fish.
- cut tail off
- Season both sides.
- Dredge in flour
- Carefully place in oil and fry.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on paper towel when done.
- Cook the tail, it makes the best fried chip
- A Ceasar salad was just perfect with the fish.
- The pics looking straight done are by holding the camera high so the flash evens out and just guessing it is the right position. I am getting better at shooting the above shots without looking through the view finder. Sometimes I hit it just right and sometimes its takes 2-3 shots to get it right. I will get the hang of it soon, promise.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating2 people
Had to give you a five just for the beautiful pic's. Can't afford sea food anymore and I live in N.O. Price is just ridiculous.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Awwwwwwwwww YUMMMMM!! My late hub used to fish for Rainbow Trout. He used whole kernal corn for bait and 2 lb test with small gold hooks (No. 10, I think). Thanks for the recipe.windy1950 in Flint loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!