Fried German Brown TroutFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cut off the head
- If a large trout, cut in half
- If large, run a knife along the bone cage and carefully cut bones from flesh.
- Cut both sides, then using point of knife cut the back bone loose from the fish.
- cut tail off
- Season both sides.
- Dredge in flour
- Carefully place in oil and fry.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on paper towel when done.
- Cook the tail, it makes the best fried chip
- A Ceasar salad was just perfect with the fish.
- The pics looking straight done are by holding the camera high so the flash evens out and just guessing it is the right position. I am getting better at shooting the above shots without looking through the view finder. Sometimes I hit it just right and sometimes its takes 2-3 shots to get it right. I will get the hang of it soon, promise.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating2 people
Awwwwwwwwww YUMMMMM!! My late hub used to fish for Rainbow Trout. He used whole kernal corn for bait and 2 lb test with small gold hooks (No. 10, I think). Thanks for the recipe.windy1950 in Flint loved it
Had to give you a five just for the beautiful pic's. Can't afford sea food anymore and I live in N.O. Price is just ridiculous.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!