Chicken Salad with Mango and PistachioFrom waterlily 7 years ago
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin shopping list
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 T fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in foil-lined baking dish and place in a preheated 400 degree oven. (The foil is just for easy clean up) Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, and lemon zest.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces. Fold into dressing, along with celery, bell pepper, mango, pistachios, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over fresh greens, or over a grain like rice or quinoa, or in a pita, or however your chicken-salad-serving-preferences run.