Turkey Swedish MeatballsFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey breast shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together salt, allspice, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add turkey and gently mix with hands to combine; shape into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned, about 3 minutes; lower heat to medium and cook 3 more minutes, gently shaking pan. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a plate.
- Add broth to the same skillet, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream and cook 1 minute more. Add meatballs. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
- *** Recipe from The South Beach Diet® Quick & Easy Cookbook.
- Nutritional Information:
- 180 calories
- 7 total fat (1.5 g sat)
- 1 g carbohydrate
- 29 g protein
- 0 g fiber
- 230 mg sodium