rice griddle cakesFrom misterpeter 7 years ago
How to make it
- put cooked rice to soak with 1 cup of milk
- in the morning add the salt, sugar, shortening , flour, baking powder and cinnamon, beat the mixture well
- add the beaten egg and the other cup of milk
- cook on a hot greased griddle
- serve with butter and maple syrup
The Cookmisterpeter Southwest Harbor, ME
The Rating2 people
This sounds like it might be a good breakfast treat - so much that I just got my lazy butt up and out of the bed to mix together a cup of milk and rice.
I was super excited to make these this morning - the ingredients remind me of my favorite rice pudding recipe.... Mmmmmm.... Rice Pudding Griddle Cakes....
Made these this morning - but since I've never made them before I'm not sure if I d...more
I used cooked rice but was a parboiled rice, that may have made the difference because it didn't soak up any of the milk. I'll try long grain next time or maybe even Jasmine.
I fried mine in my cast iron skillet as well - love that cast ir...more
- Not added to any groups yet!