Shrimp Sweet Corn and New Potato BoilFrom mrspotatohead 5 years ago
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 package (3 ounces) shrimp and crab boil mixture, (one 3-ounce bag) shopping list
- 1 pound small red potato shopping list
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut in half shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut in to wedges shopping list
- fresh ground pepper, if desired shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired shopping list
- Cocktail sauce, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a big soup pot or Dutch oven, mix water, salt and bag of crab boil mixture.
- Cover; heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes and corn.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, just until potatoes are tender and corn is bright yellow. Remove pot from heat.
- Add shrimp; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Drain potatoes, corn and shrimp; discard crab boil bag.
- Place corn and potatoes on serving platter; drizzle with melted butter.
- Arrange shrimp on platter; squeeze juice from lemon wedges over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
- Serve with cocktail sauce.