Cheese Stuffed Flank SteakFrom peachycook 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. flank steak shopping list
- marinade (see below) shopping list
- 1 8oz package monterey jack cheese shopping list
- flour tortillas shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1 Cup flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 Cup olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 T. diced onion or shallot shopping list
- 3 T. Cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 T. lemon juice shopping list
- Black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt to taste shopping list
- IN A HURRY? Just substitute 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing + 1 t. cumin + red pepper flakes for the marinade. shopping list
How to make it
- Put all marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Place marinade OR salad dressing in a zip top bag.
- Make a horizontal pocket in the side of the flank steak.
- Place steak in the zip top bag with marinade and chill for 3 hours.
- Remove steak and fill pocket with slices of the cheese. Close side with toothpicks
- Grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand a few minutes before removing toothpicks and cutting diagonally into thin slices.
- Place on warm tortillas and garnish as desired.