Pepper SteakFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 1-1½ lbs. thinly sliced round steak or flank steak shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. tamari shopping list
- 3-4 grinds freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons beef broth paste (I use L.B. Jamisons) shopping list
- ½ lb. sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into long thin strips shopping list
- Wondra Flour as needed shopping list
- Cooked brown or jasmine rice shopping list
- celery salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cut meat into strips across the grain if applicable. Add oil to cast iron pot or skillet and pre-heat. Brown the beef on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute for a couple more minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little celery salt over the meat, add the Worcestershire, Tamari and the ground pepper. Heat 2 cups of the water in the microwave with the beef broth paste until hot but not boiling and mix thoroughly. Pour the broth in the pot and cook gently, covered, for 1½-2 hours on low heat.
- Add the second 2 cups of water and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Check meat for tenderness. Add Wondra and stir occasionally to thicken. Add sliced mushrooms and green peppers and cook until tender. Start your rice at this point if using jasmine, earlier if using brown rice. Serve over cooked rice, spooning a little sauce over each serving.