Fresh Lemon Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 scant cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- powdered sugar for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Place an oven rack in the middle of oven and preheat oven to 300.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and shortening with an electric mixer then gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- On low speed add flour mixture alternately with milk beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon zest, vanilla extract and lemon extract.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Just before serving dust cake with confectioners' sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!