Left Over Rotisserie Chicken Roasted Chicken BrothFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- leftover bones, skin, and meat from 1 rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 2 carrots - quartered, optional shopping list
- 1 Tbls. celery seed OR leafy greens from 1 bunch of celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion OR 1 sm. onion - quartered shopping list
- 1 Tbls. garlic powder OR 2 cloves peeled garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme OR 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil OR 4 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano OR 6 fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary OR 1 sprig fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper OR 4 peppercorns shopping list
- - shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients in a 4 - 5 quart saucepan. Fill saucepan with water to 1" from the top.
- -Cover and simmer over low heat for 6 - 8 hours.
- -Using a fine sieve, drain broth into a bowl or large measuring cup.
- -If there was any remaining meat on the chicken, separate the meat from the fat and bones; reserve the meat for a later use; discard bones/fat. (I freeze my chicken in freezer-type plastic zip-top bags.)
- -If you're not using the broth immediately, portion into freezer-type plastic zip-top bags and freeze. (I freeze mine in 2 cup portions, but 1 cup bags may be more practical for you.)
- Notes: This broth yields a more flavorful result than any canned chicken broth. You may be able to eliminate the salt and most seasonings in a recipe in which you use this broth.