Chocolate Meringue PieFrom susana 7 years ago
- 1(9-in) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3-tbspn unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2-tbspn all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-tbspn plus 1-tspn cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can(12-ounces) evaporated milk shopping list
- 3-large egg separated shopping list
- 3-tbspn unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1-tspn vanilla shopping list
- 2-cups Cool Whip shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place pie crust in plate on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until crust is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely; set aside.
- Put a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together 2/3-cup sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and 1-tbspn cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in evaporated milk.
- Whisk in egg yolks.
- Place pan over medium heat; whisking constantly, cook until the first large bubble forms about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; whisking constantly, cook 2 minutes. Immediately pour mixture through prepared sieve into bowl.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour warm filling into mixing bowl and chill in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, fold in Cool Whip and pour into baked pie crust; cover surface directly with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 2 hours . . . preferably up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to LO broil
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, remaining 1/3-cup sugar, and 1-tspn cornstarch until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue on top of filling, right up to edge of crust. ; bake until meringue is lightly browned - probably about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- -Susana in Louisiana
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!