Naan Sense Or Middle Eastern Flat BreadFrom mark555 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large mixer bowl, combine yeast and 2 cups flour.
- Heat together water or milk, sugar and salt just until warm.
- Add to dry mixture in bowl.
- Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer for just a minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough.
- Turn out on floured surface and need until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl turning once
- Cover and let rise until doubled; 30-40 minutes
- Punch down, cover and let rest 10 minutes
- Divide dough into six balls
- Roll each hall into a flat 8 inch circle.
- Bake on lightly floured cookie sheet on bottom rack at 450 degrees for 5 minutes until puffed, and then broil the top to brown the bread.
- Cool on cloth covered surface.
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating8 people
I absolutely love this bread!sunny in Portland loved it
Ilived in Cairo for 15 years and ate this at least 5 times a week.
Store-bought just ain't as good!
You've got a double 5 from me!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
it sounds fantastic yum yum i want it now with honey butter and blackberry jam ........thank you the pixie.minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it