Super Sloppy JoesFrom drgngirl 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and meat to the pan.
- Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up.
- Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine.
- When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and paste to pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
- Serve with your favorite sides or sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper, dill pickles and Deviled Potato Salad.
- Have plenty of napkins on hand!