Butter Chicken CurryFrom pumkin 7 years ago
- 3 lbs skinless chicken, and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 inch gingerroot shopping list
- 6 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 5 ounces plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 lemon, juice of shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick, 2-inch long broken up shopping list
- 10 green cardamoms shopping list
- 6 clove shopping list
- 10 red chili pepper shopping list
- 8 peppercorn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree shopping list
- 8 ounces butter shopping list
- 14 ounces chopped tomato shopping list
- 5 fluid ounces single cream shopping list
How to make it
- Grind together the cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, chillies and peppercorns.
- Mix the spices into the yogurt, add the juice of the lemon blend well.
- Marinate the chicken in this mix for about two hours.
- Crush the garlic and ginger to a pulp with the salt, this can be done with the blade of a knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok and fry the ginger and garlic pulp for 1 minute. Add the chicken and spices and cook for ten minutes.
- Add then tomato puree and tinned tomatoes, and butter, bring to the boil reduce the heat and simmer till the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice and/or nahn bread!
- RECIPE BY: Brian H
- Photo from channelm.ca